Special District Management Services has a reputation of providing exceptional management, accounting and operational services for local governments in the State of Colorado. SDMS staff provides clients personalized service with the highest ethical standards, expert knowledge, accuracy and efficiency. From our managers and administrators to our accountants and utility billing specialists each of our dedicated team members are committed to providing exceptional service to our clients.
We are continually seeking talented individuals to join our team. If you are interested in exploring career opportunities with our firm, please send a cover letter and resume to Christel Gemski, Director of Operations at email@example.com.
We are currently seeking an individuals for the following positions:
This position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for the administration and management of multiple Special Districts under contract with SDMS. This is a full time position with benefits. The schedule is generally Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. with possible night meetings
Position responsibilities may include and are not limited to the following:
- Direct and oversee all service providers, consultants and employees.
- Attend and facilitate District Board meetings.
- Review, revise and/or compile agendas, minutes, packets, action items.
- Coordination with legal counsel to ensure statutory compliance requirements are met.
- Coordination with the District Accountant on all financial matters.
- Review financial statements.
- Manage the annual budget and assist with annual budget preparation.
- Prepare and monitor service agreements.
- Draft and review Rules and Regulations, policies, procedures, etc.
- Draft RFP’s, meet with contractors, research qualifications.
- Oversight of construction projects.
- Work is subject to frequent and recurring interruptions and deadlines.
- Will require attendance at meetings and functions beyond regular work hours.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Experience in the management and administration of Special Districts a plus.
- Experience in the executive management of public or private organizations.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Public Administration, Business Administration, Political Science, or related field.
- Valid Driver’s License
Accountant / CPA
This position reports directly to the Director of Finance and is responsible for the financial accounting functions for a number of special districts managed by the company. This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, with benefits.
• Produce monthly and quarterly financial statements, supporting financial schedules, and annual budgets.
• Maintain bank records for each district, including reconciliation of accounts, and authorized account signors list.
• Review district accounts for adequate operating cash and transfer funds between accounts.
• Complete financial statements for annual audits and assist in the review of audited statements.
• Prepare annual exemptions from audit.
• Prepare quarterly and annual payroll returns.
• Perform other accounting and finance duties.
• A degree in accounting, or a business degree with an accounting emphasis, from an accredited college/university, and work related experience in financial statement preparation.• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook), computerized accounting systems and 10 key.
• Ability to complete tasks by deadlines, work without supervision and effectively communicate with District Managers, Director of Finance and other staff.
• Facility fee tracking and coordination with clients.
• Tracking of billable time with an annual billing requirement.
• Working knowledge and application of government accounting principles and fund accounting.