Special District Management Services has a reputation of providing exceptional management, accounting and operational services for local governments in the State of Colorado. SDMS staff provides clients personalized service with the highest ethical standards, expert knowledge, accuracy and efficiency. From our managers and administrators to our accountants and utility billing specialists each of our dedicated team members are committed to providing exceptional service to our clients.
We are continually seeking talented individuals to join our team. If you are interested in exploring career opportunities with our firm, please send a cover letter and resume to Christel Gemski, Director of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently seeking an individuals for the following positions:
Accountant / CPA
This position reports directly to the Director of Finance and is responsible for the financial accounting functions for a number of special districts managed by the company. This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, with benefits.
• Produce monthly and quarterly financial statements, supporting financial schedules, and annual budgets.
• Maintain bank records for each district, including reconciliation of accounts, and authorized account signors list.
• Review district accounts for adequate operating cash and transfer funds between accounts.
• Complete financial statements for annual audits and assist in the review of audited statements.
• Prepare annual exemptions from audit.
• Prepare quarterly and annual payroll returns.
• Perform other accounting and finance duties.
• A degree in accounting, or a business degree with an accounting emphasis, from an accredited college/university, and work related experience in financial statement preparation.• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook), computerized accounting systems and 10 key.
• Ability to complete tasks by deadlines, work without supervision and effectively communicate with District Managers, Director of Finance and other staff.
• Facility fee tracking and coordination with clients.
• Tracking of billable time with an annual billing requirement.
• Working knowledge and application of government accounting principles and fund accounting.
Front Office Administrator / Operations Assistant
This position reports directly to the Administration Department Manager and is responsible for offering administrative support across the organization. This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, with benefits.
This position will be directly involved with the processing of administrative materials for a number of C.R.S. Title 32 special districts managed by the company as well as scheduling meetings and assisting the Director of Operations with data entry, billing and other various task on a daily and monthly basis. You will also welcome guests and greet a variety of individuals who visit our business daily along with coordinating front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls.
This position is much more than the traditional front desk position. It is fast paced, challenging, requires attention to detail and can be very rewarding.
Compensation: Salary is negotiable and depends on experience, qualifications, and expertise. Benefits include medical insurance, dental insurance, paid Holidays, 40l (k), and 15 days a year of personal time off, etc.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook), and all basic office machines is necessary. Experience with Tabs is a plus.